2. What exactly are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device. Cookies can be useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device, preferences and generally help to improve your online experience.
We use both first party and third-party cookies.
- First party cookies are set directly by the website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than the one you are visiting. This typically occurs when a website incorporates elements from other sites, such as images, social media plugins or advertising.
Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies.
- Session cookies are cookies which are deleted when you close your internet browser.
- Persistent cookies are cookies which stay in place after you have closed your internet browser, for example, a cookie which tracks whether you are a new or return visitor to a website.
3. Description of the cookies we use on our website
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Strictly Necessary Cookies are always active on our website as without them, we would not be able to provide the services requested by you.
- Performance Cookies: these cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it, as well as the approximate regions that they are visiting from. Performance Cookies are only used if you consent to it in the Cookie Consent Tool.
- Functional Cookies: these cookies allow us to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Functional cookies are only used if you consent to it in the Cookie Consent Tool.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies: these cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver information that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They record that you have visited our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They may help us in compiling your profile. Targeting or Advertising Cookies are only used if you consent to it in the Cookie Consent Tool.
We may combine information from these types of cookies and technologies with information about you from any other source.
4. Cookie consent
Strictly Necessary Cookies are always active on our website, but we ask for your consent to use Performance, Functional and Targeting or Advertising Cookies. If at any time you want to change your cookie settings, just click the ‘Cookie setting’ link at the end of any page.